animal poisoning

Beware of dangers to your pets in Autumn

Charity warns pet owners to beware of autumn dangers

Authored by Claire Roberts

Blue Cross pet charity is warning dog owners to be vigilant around conkers and acorns which can poison them if eaten. Some owners may throw conkers for pets to catch without realising the activity is potentially fatal. Dogs can easily swallow conkers which can become lodged in their throat or intestines and dogs with blockages, or suspected blockages, could need surgery to remove them. Dogs...